If you have a documented disability or special need, you may be able to receive test accommodations. The accommodations granted will depend on the nature of your disability, the documentation provided and the requirements of the examination. To learn more about how we apply the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal opportunity to our practices and procedures, read our customer service policy.
How to apply for test accommodations
You must send the signed Request for Test Accommodations form to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after you submit your examination application. Please note that last-minute requests are difficult to arrange and cannot be guaranteed.
In addition to the Request for Test Accommodation form, you will also have to submit a detailed personal statement that:
- Describes your disability or special need and its severity
- Explains why you need the requested accommodations
A detailed report or letter from a professional who is qualified to evaluate your disability or special need, written on official letterhead, that includes:
- A description of your functional limitations due to the diagnosed disability or special need
- Specific recommendations for test accommodations or assistive devices, along with an explanation of why they are needed
- If the above report or letter is more than two years old, written confirmation from a qualified professional stating that your disability is still actively being managed
- If applicable, copies of supporting documentation (or letters on official letterhead) from your student accessibility/disability services office as well as your undergraduate/postgraduate medical education program office describing any accommodations previously provided to you
If test accommodations are granted
The accommodations granted are valid for one examination session only. Candidates must submit a new request for any future examination session.
We reserve the right to assign you to a centre where accommodations can be offered which may require travel (including related expenses).