For more than 100 years, the Medical Council of Canada (MCC) has been striving to achieve the highest level of medical care in Canada through excellence in assessment of physicians. We assess more than 14,000 medical students and graduates every year through our assessments, offered in English and French, and in 80 countries worldwide.
We also have an unwavering commitment to research and development to ensure we remain at the forefront of innovation in medical assessment. Every member of our dynamic team, at any level, contributes to ensure patients in Canada receive the safe, high-quality medical care that they expect and deserve.
We are fuelled by passion, creativity and innovation at the MCC. And we’re looking for excellent talent to join our collaborative team.
The MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
You will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that fosters professional development and work-life balance. In fact, the MCC is proud to be recognized as a National Capital Region Top Employer for nine years in a row!
What you can expect from us
- Challenging, multi-disciplinary work environment that fosters learning and professional development
- Substantial educational incentive to promote personal and professional growth
- Competitive compensation package aligned with individual performance
- Attractive pension plan
- Comprehensive company-paid benefits, including life insurance and disability insurance, dental, vision care, semi-private health care and an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Supportive work-life balance for our employees through:
- The opportunity to work from home and enjoy flexible hours
- Yearly wellness program incentive to promote good health
- Virtual bootcamp and mobility & movement fitness classes
- A 35-hour work week
- Holiday closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- A generous leave policy
- Paid parental leave
- Charitable involvement with paid time off to volunteer
Whether you seek a career on the front lines at our service desk or one in management, exciting job opportunities can be explored at every stage of your career. We offer full time, part time, casual and student positions.
“The MCC is a hidden gem in Canadian medical education and assessments. Everyone on the MCC team is passionate about what they do in maintaining the necessary, high calibre assessments of physicians who serve the Canadian public.”
— Dr. Maureen Topps, Executive Director and CEO of the Medical Council of Canada
Welcoming a new era
The Medical Council of Canada invites you to discover our beautiful building. Learn about its role in welcoming a new era in excellence in the assessment of physicians, along with how it embodies openness, flexibility, and collaboration.