Welcome to MCC 360!
You may have been notified by your College or health institution that you’ve been selected to complete this program, or you may be interested in self-selecting for your own professional development.
All physicians completing MCC 360 are eligible for 3 credits per hour of CPD credits from the Royal College (Assessment or Accredited/Certified) or CFPC (Mainpro+).
“MCC 360 is part of our continual learning experience as physicians. It gives us a true picture of our individual practice. After receiving my report, the review with a facilitator was very worthwhile. Even after 46 years in medical practice, I found that there are always areas for improvement.”
—Dr. John Bradley, MCC 360 physician participant
MCC 360: The Physician Experience
Participating in MCC 360 is an opportunity to self-reflect on your role as communicator, collaborator and professional. You are encouraged to reflect on your own performance rather than compare your performance to that of your peers. The feedback provided in the MCC 360 report is intended for self-improvement purposes and offers insights into existing strengths as well as tangible information you can use to improve your practice.
- You will receive individualized feedback specific to your practice
- The report will include valuable narrative comments from your physician colleagues, non-physician coworkers and patients
- This program is always paired with scheduled time with a peer-physician feedback facilitator, to help interpret the feedback, highlight areas for development, and build a personal action plan
- The program promotes an environment of positive change that is favourable for better teamwork, along with fostering improved communication with your patients, colleagues, and co-workers
- The surveys and your report are delivered by the MCC, an expert in physician assessment
- This multi-source feedback tool is specifically designed for physicians; building on the Physician Achievement Review (PAR) tool that was first developed by the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta with the University of Calgary
- It is an all-Canadian tool, based on the CanMEDS physician competency framework, with all program data residing in Canada
- You have access to a dedicated toll-free phone line and email address with bilingual (English/French) service desk support
- Participation in the MCC 360 program renders you eligible for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits through the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or the College of Family Physicians of Canada
MCC 360 requires minimal time commitment, approximately:
- Up to 1 hour: Account creation and online self-assessment. Provide us with colleague and co-worker contact information.
- Up to 1 hour: Request patient feedback and return completed forms to MCC
- Up to 1 hour: Review your report and reflect
- Up to 1 hour: Participate in telephone feedback and coaching session to help interpret the feedback, and build a personal action plan
It is estimated physicians would earn on average up to 12 credits.
NOTE: Each physician should only claim the credits for the time they actually devoted to the activity.
The MCC will provide you with as much support as you need throughout this process.
We offer a dedicated toll-free phone line and email address with bilingual (English/French) service desk support.
Phone: 1-833-521-6024 (toll-free) or 1-613-521-6024
Hours: Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Eastern Time (ET)
“This is an educational tool that you will learn from. You will learn some of the really positive things that you already incorporate, and you will also learn some of the things that could make your practice that much more fulfilling for you, and for the patients that you serve.”
—Dr. Shelley Howk, Peer feedback facilitator
At this time, participation in the MCC 360 program is limited to organizations. However, we are working on a mechanism for individual physicians to self-select and apply directly to participate in MCC 360. Submit the form below to be contacted as soon as more information becomes available.
NOTE: We are piloting the MCC 360 as a self-selecting tool, and it is currently only available in English. Please continue to monitor our website for the launch of the French self-selecting tool.