Now available! Our first ever full-length Preparatory Examination
February 11, 2019
We are proud to announce that the first ever full-length Preparatory Examination (PE) is now available for purchase within our Practice Test Portal.
This unique study aid is a full-length simulation of the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Part I, consisting of 210 Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) and 38 Clinical Decision-Making (CDM) cases. It will also provide question-level feedback, including the correct answers and explanations.
The MCC’s practice tests most closely replicate the MCCQE Part I exam experience as compared to other study products available to candidates. You may choose to take it in timed exam mode, or at your own pace, on a website with many of the same features and functions as on the actual exam such as flagging a question and highlighting options. This practice exam allows you to develop familiarity with both MCQ and CDM question formats as well as content areas so that on exam day you can focus on proving you have mastered the material.
Practice test content is created by physicians and experts who are familiar with the MCC’s content development process, and this same development process is followed for the practice test content; questions are developed by MCC subject-matter experts before being refined and approved by test committees.
Your score will be presented in a grid format, according to the new MCCQE Part I Blueprint and content weightings. A marking key is provided for the write-in questions, allowing you to mark yourself, which provides an understanding of what MCC is looking for in a good answer to a write-in question. Instructions on how to interpret your results will also be provided when you complete a practice test.
Learn more about the available MCC Practice tests to help you study.
Sign up to receive our e-bulletin with the latest information on MCC’s preparatory resources.
About the MCC’s Practice tests:
- One PE is available for purchase featuring 210 MCQs, 38 CDM cases and costing $500
- Three CDM test forms are available for purchase – each featuring 14 CDM case scenarios with one to four questions per case and costing $102
- Three MCQ test forms are available for purchase – each featuring 100 MCQs and costing $102
- All test takers will have the opportunity to provide feedback on their practice test experience via an online survey. Our aim is to enhance the practice test experience based on this valuable input.
- Organizations interested in purchasing a group of MCCQE Part I Practice tests on behalf of their test takers should visit our bulk purchasing page for more details