Vision, mission and strategic goals
Striving for the highest level of medical care for Canadians through excellence in evaluation of physicians.
With the key stakeholders, the Medical Council of Canada:
- Develops, validates and implements tools and strategies to evaluate physicians’ competence; and
- Maintains a national registry of physicians and their qualifications throughout their professional careers.
- Provide the qualification (Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada) for entry into practice.
- Initiate and promote, with partners, a national integrated strategy of assessment of physicians throughout their careers.
- Initiate and promote innovation, research and development in assessment and evaluation.
- Maintain the Canadian Medical Register and promote, with partners, the development of a national registry.
- Maintain and promote liaison with competent provincial, national and international organizations in assessment and evaluation.
- Be an open, transparent, responsive and accountable organization.