Stay tuned – We’ll be launching new MCCQE Part I practice tests in January!
December 18, 2017
We are happy to announce that we will be launching new Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Part I practice tests within our Practice Test Portal in 2018. The Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) Practice Test will be launching at the end of January 2018 and the Clinical Decision Making Practice Test in fall 2018.
In early 2019, we will also be launching our MCCQE Part I Preparatory Examination, intended to replicate the exam experience. The Preparatory Examination will provide question-level feedback, including what is the correct and incorrect answers and why.
Practice tests offer candidates the opportunity to test their level of preparedness for the new MCCQE Part I. These tests are designed to familiarize candidates with the types of questions they could encounter related to the new blueprint as well as the online delivery platform of the MCCQE Part I.
Practice test content will align as much as possible with the MCCQE Part I Blueprint and content weightings.
About the new practice tests:
- Starting in January 2018, multiple MCQ test forms will be available for purchase – each featuring 100 MCQs
- The cost for the practice tests will be $100 for each test form. There is no limit to the number of test forms that can be purchased.
- Practice test content is created by physicians and experts who have experience with the MCC’s content development process
- A new Practice Test Portal offering many user-friendly features will also be launched to enable anytime, anywhere access for test takers to sign up for practice tests and take the test to completion
- Test takers will be able to self-manage their access to MCC practice tests. They may view their test history, including their results from previous practice test attempts
- All test takers will have the opportunity to provide feedback on their practice test experience via an online survey. Our aim is to enhance the practice test experience based on this valuable input.
The practice tests are intended to familiarize candidates with the MCCQE Part I and provide information to test takers that may help them focus their studies. For more information on these new resources, please visit mccevolution.ca and subscribe to our Assessment Evolution e-bulletin.