The Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination Part I (MCCQE) Part I is a one-day, computer-based test that assesses the competence of candidates who have obtained their medical degree, for entry into supervised clinical practice in postgraduate training programs. The MCCQE Part I assesses knowledge, clinical skills and attitudes as outlined by the Medical Council of Canada (MCC) Objectives.
The candidate is allowed up to 3 ½ hours in the morning session to complete 196 multiple-choice questions. The candidate is allowed 4 hours in the afternoon session for the clinical decision making component, which consists of short-menu and short-answer write-in questions.
|Dates||Fee||Application information||Examination centres*||Results|
Application is now closed.
Eligibility requirements, see
Application and eligibility.
Main application deadline:
Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Final application deadline:
Monday, July 27, 2015
See Late applications.
|Atla.||Calgary, Edmonton||Spring session:
Results will be available by the end of June.
Results will be available by the end of December.
|Monday, Oct. 26
Friday, Oct. 30
Monday, Nov. 2
Thursday, Nov. 5
after Tuesday, July 21, 2015:
(includes a 50% late fee)
|B.C.||Kelowna*, Prince George, Vancouver, Victoria|
|Ont.||Hamilton, Kingston, Mississauga, Ottawa, Toronto|
|Que.||Montreal, Quebec, Sherbrooke*|
*The centres are subject to change. Please note that the Sherbrooke and Kelowna centres are no longer available.
Clarification regarding examination centres, dates and language:
- For information regarding date selection, visit Scheduling
- The number of days a particular centre runs depends on the maximum daily space capacity and the demand for that centre
- The number of days and specific dates a centre runs vary from centre to centre
- The specific days a centre runs depend on a number of factors including availability of its computer labs and may not necessarily be consecutive days
- The examination may be taken in either English or French at any centre. However, staff and technical support may be limited to a specific language.
- Support at the centres will be offered as follows:
- In both official languages in the Ottawa and Montreal centres
- Primarily in French in the Quebec and New Brunswick centres
- Primarily in English in all other centres
Proposed future MCCQE Part I dates
|Session||Proposed dates (to be confirmed)||Expected application opening timeframe|
|Spring 2016||April 25 to May 12||October 2015|
|Fall 2016||Oct. 31 to Nov. 10||May 2016|
Application to future MCCQE Part I examination sessions
To receive a notice when registration opens for future examination sessions, submit your email address below. The MCC will send this notification to your email address and not through your physiciansapply.ca account. The MCC cannot guarantee that the email notification will reach your inbox.