If you have a documented disability or special need (whether permanent or temporary), you may be able to receive test accommodations. The accommodations granted will depend on the nature of your disability, the documentation provided and the requirements of the examination.
Read our Customer Service Policy to learn more about how we apply the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal opportunity to our practices and procedures.
How to apply for test accommodations
To request test accommodations, you must submit the signed Request for Test Accommodations form immediately after you submit your examination application. In addition, after submitting your test accommodations request you will need to submit:
- A detailed personal statement that:
- Describes your disability or special need and its severity
- Explains why you need the requested accommodations
- A detailed report or letter from a professional who is qualified to evaluate your disability or special need, written on official letterhead, that includes:
- A description of your functional limitations due to the diagnosed disability or special need
- Specific recommendations for test accommodations or assistive devices, along with an explanation of why they are needed
- If the above report or letter is more than two years old, written confirmation from a qualified professional stating that your disability is still actively being managed
- If applicable, copies of supporting documentation (or letters on official letterhead) from your student accessibility/disability services office as well as your undergraduate/postgraduate medical education program office describing any accommodations previously provided to you
Send your request and follow up with the required supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. (All email attachments must be sent as PDF documents.)
Please note that last-minute requests (such as additional time, a private room, requests for equipment or assistive devices) are difficult to arrange and cannot be guaranteed.
If test accommodations are granted
Accommodations are valid for one examination only and cannot be transferred to another exam session. The MCC reserves the right to designate the test centres where accommodations can be offered.
Because some accommodations have significant costs or other resource requirements, you are fully bound to the conditions of the accommodations once they have been accepted. If you cancel or withdraw from the exam after the accommodations are confirmed, you will be subject to the withdrawal policies of your examination.