Courier service request
As part of the MCC’s source verification process, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) sends a request to the institution that issued your medical credentials. If no response comes after 60 days of the Source Verification Request, you may choose to have your credential documents sent directly to the institution by courier.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Set up an account with FedEx or DHL. Be sure to confirm the following information with the courier service company:
- The package will be sent from the ECFMG (from a U.S. postal address)
- The courier service company can deliver to the country requested (not including embargoed countries)
- You are able to provide a valid third-party account or billing account number
- Send a message through your physiciansapply.ca account that includes:
- The names of the documents to be sent by courier
- A statement authorizing the MCC and the ECFMG to use your personal courier service account
- A confirmation that you understand that you will be responsible for all expenses related to the use of your personal courier service account
- The name of the courier service company
- Your personal courier service account number
Once the message is received by the MCC, it can take up to 21 business days for your documents to be sent to the institution by courier service. A message will then be sent to your physiciansapply.ca account giving you the courier tracking number.
Note: If you want to have your documents sent back from the institution to the ECFMG via courier, you are responsible for arranging this service with the institution. The verification request must always be sent directly from the institution. Any third-party involvement will make the verification void and it will not be accepted.