Best practices for scanning picture documents
Best practices for scanning or taking a picture of your document
Please ensure that you follow the requirements below when scanning or taking a picture of your document:
Taking a picture of your document
1. Place the document on a flat dark surface in a well-lit area.
2. Ensure the camera is held steady and in focus directly over the document.
Scanning your document
1. Your document image must be clear (not blurry), complete (not cut off) and the image should be unobscured.
2. All text, dates, signatures, seals, stamps and borders that appear on the document should be included.
3. If your document consists of multiple pages, please save the pages in one document (one file attachment).
4. Your document should be a jpg or pdf file and less than 5 MB.
5. The file attachment should not be activated with security settings or passwords.