Rescoring by the MCC
If you have failed the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE) or the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Part I, you can request to have your exam rescored by the MCC. If you received a pass result on your exam, you are not eligible for the rescoring service.
After receiving your rescoring request and payment, the MCC will retrieve your electronic data file and rescore your examination manually.
When rescoring your MCCEE or MCCQE Part I, the MCC:
- Verifies your electronic examination data file and confirms it as being yours
- Checks your examination data file to confirm it is complete and that there are no errors in data capturing
- Recalculates and verifies your examination score manually
- Verifies your results against the results obtained through the computerized scoring procedure
- Checks your results against those contained in the Statement of Results (SOR) and Supplemental Feedback Report (SFR)
- Issues a letter confirming the rescoring has been completed and informing you of the outcome