Launch of new MCCQE Part I practice tests and the retiring of the current SAE-QEI
November 8, 2017
The Medical Council of Canada (MCC) is happy to announce that it will be launching new MCCQE Part I practice tests within its Practice Test Portal in 2018. The Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) Practice Test will be launching in January 2018 and the Clinical Decision Making Practice Test in fall 2018.
For that reason, the MCC will be retiring the current Self-Administered Qualifying Examination Part I (SAE-QEI). As of Nov. 8, 2017, the SAE-QEI will no longer be available. Any incomplete SAE-QEIs will be removed from the system and no longer accessible. Please note that the Self-Administered Evaluating Examination (SAE-EE) is still available for candidates preparing for the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE).
Practice tests offer candidates the opportunity to test their level of preparedness for the new MCCQE Part I. These tests are designed to familiarize candidates with the types of questions they could encounter related to the new blueprint as well as the online delivery platform of the MCCQE Part I.
Practice test content will align as much as possible with the MCCQE Part I Blueprint and content weightings.
About the new practice tests:
- Starting in January 2018, MCQ test forms will be available for purchase – each with 100 MCQ
- The cost for the practice tests will be $100 for each test form. There is no limit to the number of test forms that can be purchased.
- Practice test content is created by physicians and experts who have experience with the MCC’s content development process
- A new Practice Test Portal offering many user-friendly features will also be launched to enable anytime, anywhere access for test takers to sign up for practice tests and take the test to completion
- Test takers will be able to self-manage their access to MCC practice tests. They may view their test history, including their results from previous practice test attempts
- All test takers will have the opportunity to provide feedback on their practice test experience via an online survey. Our aim is to enhance the practice test experience based on this valuable input.
The practice tests are intended to familiarize candidates with the MCCQE Part I and provide information to test takers that may help them focus their studies. For more information on these new resources, please visit mccevolution.ca and subscribe to our Assessment Evolution e-bulletin.