To be eligible for the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Part II:
- you must have passed the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Part I.
- your final medical degree diploma must be successfully source verified.*
- you must have completed a minimum of 12 months of postgraduate clinical medical training (PGT) or osteopathic postgraduate training, or will be completing it by the following deadline:
- On or before June 30 for the spring exam of the same calendar year
- On or before December 31 for the fall exam of the same calendar year
* For Canadian medical graduates, confirmation of graduation is received directly from the Canadian faculties of medicine.
You may also need to submit documentation relating to your PGT. Please see the following requirements for submitting PGT information:
How to apply to the MCCQE Part II
In order to be able to apply to the MCCQE Part II, you must add your name to a pre-application list during the designated pre-application period through your physiciansapply.ca account. For approximate pre-application period dates, see Examination at a glance.
We will be randomly selecting applicants from the pre-application list, based on available exam capacity. If you are selected, you will receive an invitation to apply through your physiciansapply.ca account.
During the application process, you will be asked to choose up to three exam centres in order of preference. The MCC will make every attempt to accommodate your centre preference(s). If you choose only one centre, your likelihood of being assigned to it does not improve.
If the MCC has previously reviewed all the necessary documentation, you may receive quick notification that your MCCQE Part II application has been accepted. Otherwise, please allow up to three weeks for your application to be processed.
Accessibility and test accommodations
If you have a documented disability or special need, you may be able to receive test accommodations. Visit the Accessibility and test accommodations page to learn more.
Application to future MCCQE Part II sessions
If you would like to be notified for pre-application to a future session, submit your email address below. Please ensure that you enter the correct address. Once you submit your email address you will receive a welcome email, which is your confirmation that you have been added to the distribution list.
We will send you the pre-application opening notification through your email account, and not through your physiciansapply.ca account. Unfortunately, the MCC cannot guarantee that the email notification will reach your inbox.