Medical Council of Canada

Documents needed to apply for the MCCEE

Documents needed to apply for the MCCEE

When applying for the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE) through your account, you will need to submit:

  • A certified copy of a valid passport (i.e., a passport that has not expired)
  • A completed Certified Identity Confirmation form (which will be available to print during the online application)

If you are a student, you must also submit:

  • A completed Student Attestation form (which will be available to print during the online application)

If you are a graduate, you must submit:

  • A Source Verification Request for your final medical degree/diploma (and its applicable fee)
  • A package of documents that includes a copy of your passport, a completed Certified Identity Confirmation form, a completed release form (which will be available to print during the online application) and a copy of your final medical degree/diploma — to be sent only after you have submitted your Source Verification Request and its applicable fee)

If you are a graduate, your Source Verification Request and related documents must be submitted to the MCC before you start the application process. But you do not have to wait for your documents to be fully reviewed and source verified before applying for the MCCEE. You can continue through the MCCEE application process (via the Examinations section of your account) as soon as you submit your medical degree/diploma for verification.

Do I need to submit my actual passport?

No! Please do not mail your passport to the MCC. You only need to submit certified copies of the page(s) that show your name, photograph, signature, date of birth and passport expiry date. (In other words, we do not need copies of any blank pages or the pages with your visas.)

If your passport is in a language other than English or French, you can request a translation through your account.

What if I do not have a passport?

If you are a Canadian or U.S. resident and do not have a valid passport, you may instead submit a certified copy of one of the following:

  • Canadian Citizenship Certificate (card format or letter format)
    • The certified copy of the letter format of the Canadian Citizenship Certificate must be accompanied by a non-certified copy of government-issued ID that contains your photograph and signature (e.g. driver’s licence)
  • Canadian permanent resident card
  • Canadian or U.S. birth certificate (with your current legal name) together with a Canadian or U.S. driver’s licence

Note: Baptismal certificates are not acceptable.

What if my name has changed?

If your name has changed and you want your new name to appear on your account, you must complete the Name Change Request form and submit it with the required documentation (as indicated on the form).