Effective today, candidates from five Saint Lucia medical schools who will graduate on January 1, 2018 or thereafter are not be eligible to apply for Medical Council of Canada (MCC) services or apply for licensure in Canada. These five schools are:
- American International Medical University School of Medicine
- Atlantic University School of Medicine
- College of Medicine and Health Sciences
- International American University College of Medicine
- Washington Medical Sciences Institute
Candidates who will graduate from these medical schools before January 1, 2018, are still eligible to apply for MCC services and licensure in Canada.
A message has been sent to all candidates from these five schools who have a physiciansapply.ca account and an anticipated graduation date in 2017 – 2018 or beyond. This message alerts them to the situation and provides additional information.