The Medical Council of Canada (MCC) is very pleased to announce the launch of its new online system, physiciansapply.ca.
All MCC-Online and PCRC-Online accounts and their contents have been moved to the new physiciansapply.ca system. MCC-Online and PCRC-Online have been deactivated. Instead of using two separate accounts, candidates can now log into their physiciansapply.ca account to:
- Submit requests for source verification of medical credentials issued outside of Canada
- Share medical credentials stored in the MCC Physician Credentials Repository
- Apply for MCC examinations
- View examination results and share them with registered medical organizations
- Apply for medical registration to an increasing number of medical regulatory authorities over the next 24 months (coming soon)
To accompany the launch of the new system, the MCC has also launched a revamped version of its main website, mcc.ca.
Candidates can now activate their accounts by visiting physiciansapply.ca and clicking “Login”.
Web browsers to use for optimal viewing and navigation
physiciansapply.ca should be accessed using the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 8 or 9
If you have upgraded to the newer Internet Explorer (IE) 10 or 11, you may experience some difficulties. Activating “Compatibility view” under “Tools” in your IE10 browser might help. Otherwise, it is recommended that you access physiciansapply.ca using another web browser.
The new system is not designed to be accessed through a mobile device at this time. A tablet-compatible version of the system will be available in the near future.
Accessing physiciansapply.ca for the first time
Candidates should use their MCC-Online or PCRC-Online username and password to log into physiciansapply.ca for the first time. Candidates who have forgotten their MCC-Online and/or PCRC-Online user name and password should contact the Service Desk at 613-520-2240. Candidates who have taken MCC examinations in the past before online access was available and have never created a user account should also contact the MCC Service Desk at 613-520-2240.
New users (did not have an MCC-Online or PCRC-Online account, and have never taken an MCC examination) – can create a physiciansapply.ca account by clicking on Create an account on the physiciansapply.ca login page.
Once you log in, your account will need to be initialized. This process may take a bit of time to complete.
Formatting and usability at launch
Candidates may experience some formatting and usability issues, including:
- The candidate’s photo/signature will not be visible on his or her physiciansapply.ca account dashboard.
- The “Create a new message” link on the right-hand (third) panel of the dashboard is not functional; candidates must use the link in the middle (second) panel to send a new message to the MCC.
- Some document status icons may be incorrect. Please ignore the icons, such as a checkmark or an x. The written status, beside the icon, will be valid.
- For candidates logging into the system through inscriptionmed.ca (the French portal) – some labels, headings and help text incorrectly appear in English when they should be in French.
The MCC will continue to work as quickly as possible to fix these issues.
For candidates from international medical schools who had documents verified and stored through MCC-Online
Certain documents that were previously stored in candidates’ MCC-Online account may not appear in their new account. These documents have been transferred to the candidate’s new account, however an MCC staff person must review the data associated with the document before the candidate is able to view it.
Candidates applying for an MCC examination should first check their physiciansapply.ca account to see if they are able to view their medical degree/diploma in their list of documents. If they cannot see it, they should contact the MCC Service Desk and the MCC will make their document(s) visible in their account as soon as possible. Candidates should also contact the MCC if they need to share with another organization credential documents that were stored in MCC-Online and that they cannot see in physiciansapply.ca.
We thank you for your understanding during this period of transition. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Service Desk: